Monday, August 28, 2017

DIY Minc foiled QR coges

Today’s Minc It Monday edition over on the Heidi Swapp blog   shares a fun new technique  to create foiled QR codes to use in your layouts or planners, and also includes One Canoes’s Creekside Collection, Maggie Holmes for  Crate Paper's Carousel collection  and  the Minc Foil and applicator. I have recently renewed my love of using QR codes in my Memory Keeping! I am using them in my scrapbooks and planners. It is so easy to just upload a video from my phone straight to You Tube and then create a QR code with my QR reader app on my phone. Today I want to take it a step further and add a little zing to my QR code with some Minc foil! How cool is that!

Heidi Swapp Minc

Let me share a little about my layout before I show you how to create the QR code and foil it in the video below. I began with my back ground using the One Canoe Creek side "Mountain View" pattern paper.  I then trimmed up the "Radiant" pattern paper for my "This" part of my title and adhered it to the left side of the base pattern paper.

Heidi Swapp Minc

I then used some Black foil and ran the  Minc  Jumbo letters through my Minc machine. I adhered them in a haphazard fashion on the left side of the page. I then layered my photo and pieces of the Carousel Chipboard and sheer stickers in and around my photo.

Heidi Swapp Minc
I then created my QR code on my phone and then Foiled it with some Teal foil. Watch the video below to see how easy it was!



Once I foiled my QR code I trimmed it and matted it over some white cardstock. I then attached it to some white floss with my Tiny Attacher. I can now scan my QR code anytime I want and watch the video. What a fun concept right! Can you imagine the possibilities now with all the different Foil colors!! Expect to see a lot more of these foiled QR codes  on my projects in the future!

Heidi Swapp Minc


Photobucket

No comments: