Monday, August 21, 2017

DIY Banner in my classroom


As you may know, by day I teach kindergarten here in Brisbane Australia. I recently shared a peek into my classroom decor here on the blog. I love that I can use all of Heidi Swapp  goodies to help motivate my  class. I want to share another fun idea I am using in my classroom this time with the DIY banner that you can find at your local Michaels!

Classroom display using the Heidi Swapp DIY Banner


I started by using some colored paper from my classroom and trimmed them to fit the  shelf on the banner. I then simply glued the strips to the banner.

Classroom display using the Heidi Swapp DIY Banner


I then grabbed my  mini lightbox letters and word phrases that fit the banner perfectly and spelt out my quote. I wanted a bright fun feel so I combined different fonts and colors.

Classroom display using the Heidi Swapp DIY Banner

 Classroom display using the Heidi Swapp DIY Banner
I finished off by hanging my banner with the enclosed gold clip. Each week I change out my letterbox letters and my class look forward to finding out what the new quote is!
Find the DIY banner and mini Lightbox letters at your local Michaels now!

Photobucket

No comments: