Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The mixed Media album

If you know me you know I m not a get your hands messy kinda scrapper , but recently I shared this mixed media album over on the Heidi Swapp blog. I got to play with the Heidi's new Magic Mediums and the Mixed Media album which includes- chipboard, canvas, cardstock and clear pages!
There are a number of step x step tutorials I included in my post on some of the techniques I share. Be sure to check those out on Heidi's blog!


For the cover I used some of the Opaque Magic Medium, white paint and Color Shine to cover the chipboard. I then went in with texture paste, glitter texture paste and Heidi's mini stencils to create the texture. I finished off with black ink and the Clear Script stamp for definition to the edges.


I used one of Heidi's stencils and gel medium to create subtle texture on the edges of my enlarged photo.



Here I  spritzed various colours of Colorshine onto white cardstock and allowed it to dry. I then drew some circles with a black marker and cut them out.

 
I then used the Clear Magic medium to adhere and seal some coarse glitter to each  circle.

 
Here I used the Magic Medium and the Transfer Technique I shared on Heidi's blog to create this page.
 

 Lots of texture created with texture paste, gel medium and stencils.


I used Color Shine and a wide flat brush to create the stripes on this page.



I think this is my favourite technique, I created my own stamp out of foam and then stamped into a mixture of texture paste and the Opaque Magic Medium. ( see the tutorial on Heidi's blog)



Here I spritzed some Color Shine into an embossing folder and then ran in through my cuttlebug to create this fun effect.


I used texture paste and the birdie stencil over a pre misted cardboard sheet to create this pretty page.



On this page I created texture with gel medium and three mini stencils, then spritzed over the top with Navy and Gold Color Shine.



A quick and easy shaker pocket.


I stitched some fabric to the canvas pages in a cross hatching pattern before adding my photo.



I misted in an ombre design for  these cute tags.




Here I overlaid my 6x8 photo with one of the clear pages.



This one uses the same Transfer technique using clear Magic Medium, be sure to check the tutorial on Heidi's blog.



Another canvas page, I stitched some denim fabric to and pieced together my flower.

On this page I added texture paste over a stencil and sprinkled embossing powder over it, I  allowed it to dry for about 15 minutes then heated with my heat gun.



My final page uses many of the techniques shared above to create my background. I then used a stencil and ink  to create my lady's head and fussy cut some vintage Heidi Swapp pattern paper to create her hair.



Phew are you still with me, be sure to check Heidi's blog for all the step x step tutorials.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Sue Plumb said...

KIM!!! I LOOOOOVE this so much! You really need to get your hands dirty more often, coz this is amazing! (And you still managed to maintain your signature style!) I don't even know which part of it I love the most, but I am off to check out all the cool techniques you used. Thanks for the inspiration! X

Nathalie said...

I have no clue about mixed media but this looks like an amazing piece of work! Wow!

Ashley Horton said...

Holy Moly, Kim!! This album is amazing! I love every page!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Love how you've switched it up in this one....soooo much happening...hard to pick a fave, but the word 'written' in the texture paste is pretty dang cool!!!!

Lizzyc said...

This looks wonderful Kim! Love each page, yummy textures and soft colors. Wow you rock at MM!

Rebecca Keppel said...

this is unbelievably amazing and stunning and each page is more gorgeous than the next. love it all :)