Friday, November 16, 2012

The elf on the Shelf...

Does the Elf on the Shelf visit your home at Christmas? He does at ours and I wanted to take the time to record the special places my boys have found him each morning leading up to Christmas. Because we live in Australia I wanted to give it a bit of an Aussie flavour so you may notice some very "Aussie" situations where he was found. I adored using a couple of Heidi Swapp Memory Files for My project, teaming it up with Pink Paislee's City Sidewalks collection.
 
 
 
I used many of Heidi's digi words that I  cut with my silhouette Cameo and sprayed with Tinsel and Gold Lame Colorshine.


 
This is what the folder looks like when its open.
 
 
Inside I started with a Mini Memory File. I typed up words and phrases from the book that I loved, printed them onto some Vintage Chic pattern paper cut them out then scattered them throughout my project.
 

Yummy Color Magic paper spritzed with Sweet Cherry and Gold Lame Color Shine.




Here I have used some divided sheet protectors from Pink Paislee.



 
I wanted to store a letter my eldest wrote to James our elf so I grabbed a red envelope and stored it inside.




 
Love this glassine bag from Greatest View, I cut a hole in it using my fiskars circle cutter for a peekaboo effect.


                                                           the page then lifts out...

 
Here I used a piece of strong acetate for fun effect.



 
                              More little striped baggies from Greatest View to house more photos.





 
The bottom of my Memory File.

 
                                        I just love the layers it makes once it's all folded up...


For more detailed instructions on how I created my Memory File visit Heidi's blog .
I know my boys will treasure this once they are older and just a little bit wiser (wink!)

Photobucket

27 comments:

Chloe said...

Wow, Kim!! I have no words apart from "AMAZING"!!!!!!!

Michelle said...

Oh this is awesome!!!! I love everything on here!! You have some fun pics!! I love the one of him eating some toast and Vegemite. :) I have been pinning all kinds of Elf things for ours. :)

Leanne said...

Oh MAN!!! Love, LOVE, LOVE!! this project!! Totally awesome and brilliantly captured. Such fun and loving memories..x

Georgia Heald said...

This is just incredible Kim and just love your little elf on a shelf's adventures =)

Lizzyc said...

Wow Kim I am just in awe of this.. what a fun and precious way to count down to Christmas.. I love all his special 'hiding' places and your boys must have a ball each morning trying to find him.. and your special little memory book, this is amazing.. your cleverness and creativity are wonderful Kim.. love the whole idea of this and all your little photos and pages are brilliant!

Trine Brandt-Lassen said...

You are brilliant, Kim! Totally loving every bit of this. Your boys Will love it for sure. I so wish I had an elf on the shelf. They are the cutest little thing. Have a great weekend Down under

Lizzy Hill said...

Have to agree with everyone elses comments & not a lot more to say. It seriously ROCKS:):):)

Anonymous said...

WOW Awesome.........you are amazing

Natalie said...

OMG - wow. Wish you were my mummy.LOL What an awesome memory for your kids. Funnily enough I found a (rather ameture-ish effort now I've seen yours) a mini book I made about Christmas way back in 2006 (seems not so long ago but the kids look so different) and it was fun to look through it with the kids who thought it was fun. Anyway, love this look into your book. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

Heather Jacob said...

sigh drool - what more can I say that has not been said . amazing work xoxox

jamie said...

i have had this page up all day adoring it. really kim...this is an epic project for you.
~j

alexandra s.m. said...

Your book is MAGICAL!
I just pinned it!
Thank You for making me dream this morning...

ScrappyRae10 said...

This is awesome!!!!

Jennifer Shaw said...

Your memory file is stunning!!! Love everything about this! Such sweet photos and a terrific tradition. These photos are sooooo cute!

Sheila Kay said...

Kim, this is about the cutest idea I have seen lately. It is adorable!

Mette said...

WOW!!!! Just amazing!

Anonymous said...

Truly, truly inspirational and beautiful :) This is pinned for sure!!

Unknown said...

Hi Kim your art is totally gorgeous!!!! Your Elf on the shelf project is just amazing!!! I'm a total Heidi fan and I'm so excited to realize that your a Queensland girl too!!! I live on the Sunshine Coast. Thanks for your wonderful inspiration!!!

Rebecca Keppel said...

What a stunning and truly magical mini! I love every bit of it! We do have a similar elf that visits ;) The kids behavior has been AWFUL lately so I am thinking he needs to appear ASAP!!!

Kerryn said...

This is a stunning project! I love it!!!!

Moonie said...

very cool project... must have taken forever

Diana Waite said...

this is TOTALLY fun!

Becki Adams said...

What a great album! We did the elf on the shelf last year. My kids would love a mini album of our elf. Thanks for the inspiration!

Di Garling said...

If I was asked to mark this project out of ten, I would give it a twenty. Totally superb, so many fantastic details. DEVINE. Cheers Di xo

crschaf said...

Cutest project ever!!! One I know you will treasure. You could have your Elf looking through the pages this Christmas!

Chantalle said...

You know how much I love this project!! It's just so incredible - you are AMAZING! x

Unknown said...

This is amazing! Well done!